Indrahar Pass is a mountain pass in the Dhauladhar range of the Himalayas. Located at an altitude of 4,342 metres (14,245 ft) above mean sea level, near the tourist town of Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh, Indrahar pass forms the border between Kangra and Chamba districts. It is part of a very popular trekking route from Dharamshala. The trekking trail to Indrahar pass starts from Galu Devi temple above Dharamkot village near Dharamsala and therefore passes through the camping ground of Triund, Ilaqua/Laka Got, and Lahesh Caves. Another side of the pass, the camping sites include Chhata caves at 3242 metres and Kuarsi village in Chamba at 2260 metres.
The trek starts from McLeod Ganj and continues as follows:
- McLeod Ganj main market (1750m) to Galu Devi temple at Upper Dharamkot (2100m) | 2 km | 1-2 hour walk OR a 45-minute cab ride
- Galu Devi temple (2100m) to Triund (2825m) | 2-3.5 hrs walk (mix of easy and uphill)
- Triund (2825m) to Snowline Cafe | 1-2 hour uphill walk
- Snowline Cafe to Ilaqua Got (grazing grounds) | 1 hour easy walk (mostly flat/downhill)
- Lahesh Cave to Indrahar Pass (4300m) | 2–6 hours of steep climb.
- DETAILS:Trip Begins: Mcleodganj
Trip Ends: McleodganjDAY WISE PLAN:
Event date: 30 June to 03 July- 2018 and 14 July to 17 july- 2018.
- Day 1 – Trek from McLeod Ganj to Triund
9km/5-6 Hours Trek
This exciting trek to Indrahar Pass will begin with a trek through one of the most popular trekking routes in Himachal Pradesh. Starting at around 09:00 in the morning, a 5-6 hours trek from McLeod Ganj will consequently take you to Triund.
- Day 2 – Trek from Triund to Ilaqa Got
5km/4 Hours Trek, Lahesh Caves/3,500m, Snowline Cafe
The first phase of today’s trek will take you to the fascinating Lahesh Caves that are located at a height of 3,500m above the sea level. It is always advisable to cross the cave during the early part of the day as by afternoon, the terrains as well as the weather might get a bit challenging and risky as well.
Trekking further, you will be passing through the Snowline Cafe and will reach Ilaqa Got, the final destination for the day after around one hour from the cafe. As a result you find it hard to manage camping ground in Ilaqa Got, you will be guided back to the caves; overnight camping will be inside the camp.
- Day 3 – Trek from Lahesh Caves – Indrahar Pass – Ilaqa Got
8-9km/6-7 Hours Trek, Indrahar Pass, Dhauladhar Range, Himalayan Peaks
Today will be most seems like fascinating as exciting part of the trek as a result you will be trekking to the much awaited in contrast of Indrahar Pass! Today’s trek through the rocky terrains from Lahesh Caves will take you to the enchanting Indrahar Pass (4,300m). Above all witness and enjoy the panoramic views of the Dhauladhar Range and other Himalayan peaks from the pass and start trekking back to Ilaqa Got for an overnight stay.
- Day 4 – Trek from Ilaqa Got to McLeod Ganj
12km/4 Hours Trek, Trek Ends Here
On the last day of the trek to Indrahar Pass, hence you will be following the trails you trekked on the first and second day. Above all a gradual trek of around 4 hours will finally take you back to McLeod Ganj. With your arrival in McLeod Ganj, this amazing trek finally will come to an end.
- All accommodations during the trek in contrast of nature
- Meals during the trek
- Trekking equipment: sleeping bags and mattress, and utensils
- All required permits and entry fees (wherever applicable)
- Qualified and expert trek guides, leaders and supporting staff
- First aid kits during the trek
- Insurance for the staff.
Things To Carry
- Warm and comfortable clothes
- Good quality trekking shoes, slippers and extra pair of socks
- Sunscreen lotion or any other skin moisturisers
- Water bottles, trendy backpack and energy bars/snacks
- A pair of sunglasses and camera
- Caps or hats
- Personal toiletries and basic medication (if any)
- Flash light use while necessary (with spare batteries)
- Insect repellent and emergency medical kit
- While on the trek, personal luggage has to be carried on own.
- Porters to carry luggage can be arranged only on prior notice at an additional cost of INR 500/day.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek while any emergencies or natural calamities.
- The trekkers must abide by the advices and also instructions of the trek leaders.
- Any no show or changes in the trek due to extreme climatic condition, the package will not qualify for any refund policy
INSIDE THE VENUE
Variety Of Food
camping in contrast lap of nature
Total Seat: 15
Trip Managed & Organised By
Mcleodganj tour is manage by Himtroop Adventures, Dharamshala-Bir Billing-Delhi based tour operator. Himtroop Adventures is specialized in organizing group trip to various location in India such as Dharamshala, Chamba, Shimla Lahaul Spiti & Manali, Mcleodganj & Triund, Leh Ladakh etc.
About Himtroop Adventures.
We all travel for different reasons. Be it people, food, wildlife, nature, peace, nightlife, culture or history , Whatever motivates you, consequently we are built around the idea to cater to both the tourist and the traveler within you and design our trips to create such unforgettable moments around which you can measure your journey with us.
We are a travel company hence looking to change the tourism industry for the youth and be the new and reliable face of tourism.